General Information about browsing Zaner's Websites
At Zaner, no account or personal information is retrieved from Zaner's servers when a client or visitor browses the public (pre-login) areas of our websites. Although Zaner uses website data to improve the content and services offered to its website visitors, such data is reported on an aggregate, anonymous basis, and we associate no personal information with such gathering of data. Such data may include: how many people visit our websites; the pages they visit; how long they stay on our websites; and the domain name of the site visitors connect from (e.g., yahoo.com).
Why and How We Collect Personal Information
When registering for access to our "Premium Content" at our site or applying for or maintaining an account with Zaner we collect personal information about you for business purposes. This information helps Zaner in evaluating your financial needs, processing your requests and transactions, informing you about products and services that may be of interest to you, and providing customer service. The personal information we collect about you includes:
- information you provide to us on applications and other forms, such as your name, address, date of birth, social security number, occupation, assets, and income
- information about your transactions with us and with our affiliates
- information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, such as your credit history and creditworthiness, and other entities not affiliated with Zaner
- information you provide to us to verify your identity, such as a passport, or received from other entities not affiliated with Zaner
How We Protect Personal Information
We limit access to your personal information to only those employees who need access in order to service your account and help you accomplish your financial objectives by providing you with a broad range of products and services. Our employees are required to maintain and protect the confidentiality of your personal information and must follow established procedures to do so. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. We do not rent or sell your name or personal information to anyone.
Sharing Information With Our Affiliates
We may share personal information described above with our affiliates for business purposes, such as servicing customer accounts and informing customers about new products and services, and as permitted by applicable law. Our affiliates are companies controlled or owned by us, or companies controlling or under common control with our parent company (Zaner Group Ltd., LLC) and us, and include financial service companies, such as dealers, other brokers, futures commission merchants, and advisers. The information we share with affiliates for marketing purposes may include the information described above, such as name, address and Zaner account information, but will not include other credit information, such as credit history appearing on a consumer credit report or net worth and income information appearing on applications for our products and services.
Disclosure to Non-Affiliated Third Parties
In order to support the financial products and services we provide to you, we may share the personal information described above with third-party service providers and joint marketers not affiliated with us, including
- financial service institutions (e.g., advisers, dealers, brokers, trust companies and banks) with whom we have joint marketing agreements, such as agreements to market financial services or products that we jointly offer, endorse or sponsor
- companies under contract to perform services for us or on our behalf, such as vendors that prepare and mail statements and transaction confirmations or provide data processing, computer software maintenance and development, transaction processing and marketing services
These companies acting on our behalf are required to keep your personal information confidential.
Updating Your Personal Information
We endeavor to keep our customer files complete and accurate. Most of this information is contained in account statements that you receive from us and applications that you submit to obtain our products and services. We encourage you to review this information and notify us if you believe any information should be corrected or updated. If you have a question or concern about your personal information or this privacy notice, please contact your Zaner representative.
In consideration of Zaner Group, LLC ("Zaner") acting as broker and accepting one or more accounts to trade in the commodities, futures, options on futures, foreign exchange, exchange-for-physicals, over-the-counter or other markets for the undersigned ("Customer"), it is agreed with respect to all accounts, whether upon margin or otherwise, which the Customer now has or may at any future time have with Zaner, including accounts from time to time closed and then reopened, as follows:
1. Classifications. Zaner is your Introducing Broker. Zaner will introduce your account to a clearing firm (FCM) of mutual choosing. FCM is responsible for accepting Customer's orders and executing transactions, for receipt, delivery and safeguarding of Customer's funds and property and for maintaining books and records concerning Customer's account. As Customer's Introducing Broker, Zaner is responsible for opening and servicing Customer's account, communicating with Customer on almost all matters concerning Customer's account and in some cases accepting and transmitting orders for Customer's account.
2. Commission and Fees. Customer agrees to pay a commission, spread and/or markup on each transaction and in some cases fees (collectively, "commission") for Customer's trading account. A portion of that commission goes to pay FCM for its services and risk in carrying Customer's account and a portion goes to pay Zaner for its services and risk in servicing Customer's account. The amount that Customer pays for commissions will be determined (negotiated) between Zaner and Customer and will reflect the amount of personalized service that Customer may need and the risk associated with Customer's account. From time to time Customer's commission may be changed or renegotiated but not without Customer's prior notification.
3. FCM Customer Agreement. All applicable portions of the accompanying FCM's Customer Agreement between Customer and FCM, including but not limited to the Arbitration agreement, shall also be a part of this agreement between Customer and Zaner by this reference, except that where FCM's name appears in those paragraphs it shall mean "Zaner Financial Services LLC" for the purposes of this agreement. Notwithstanding, Zaner shall have no obligation under the Customer Agreement which contradicts Zaner's legal or regulatory status or requirements as a registered Introducing Broker. Customer agrees that Zaner is a beneficiary of all agreements between Customer and FCM.
4. Software. Zaner and FCM shall have no liability, responsibility or obligation whatsoever, directly, indirectly, contingently or consequentially, for any mistakes, losses, costs or expenses relating to Customer's use of "Software" in trading. For these purposes, "Software" includes, but is not limited to, any or all of the following:
(a) Trading online via the internet
(b) Trading utilizing any computer hardware, software, platforms, etc., subscribed to or purchased by Customer either through Zaner, or FCM or otherwise.
(c) Trading signals or directives derived upon by research and/or commentary electronically delivered to Customer either through Zaner, or FCM or otherwise.
Customer expressly confirms, acknowledges and agrees that neither Zaner nor FCM has any liability whatsoever for Customer's use or misuse of any Software or in the failure of any such Software to function or operate as advertised or represented or as Customer believes it should. Customer expressly further acknowledges and confirms that Zaner's usual and customary business is not developing nor providing Software and that Customer also agrees never to attempt to hold Zaner or FCM liable for any failures, uses or misuses thereof in respect of transactions for Customer's account. Customer hereby releases Zaner and FCM from any and all liability to Customer or to anyone claiming on Customer's behalf with respect to any damages or losses of any kind or nature whatsoever, including lost profits, sustained or alleged to be sustained as a result of the failure, use or misuse of Software.
Customer is aware that both Zaner and the FCM rely upon each and every acknowledgment, representation and agreement contained above in determining to start and/or continue to maintain Customer's account. Customer further acknowledges and confirms that Customer has received, read and fully understands all of the foregoing.